Join us Tuesdays from 7 to 9 pm starting February 24th for the Hand-Spinning Circle!
Learn the traditional art of custom-spinning your own yarn from wool while enjoying good company and the guidance of class leader Ashley Wells, shepherdess and fiber artisan of Willow Hawk Farm. Topics include:
- The ABCs (aka, Handspinning 101) – for the first-time spinner and aspiring yarn-maker
- Basic (and inexpensive hand spindle options) – to buy or make
- Practical Production (the essentials of making useable yarn) for the advanced beginners and intermediates – controlling twist, plying, and so on
- Classroom wheel instruction and practice
- Tools of the trade – fiber preparation and spinning equipment – hands on
- Fiber characteristics and spinning techniques – basic through exotic
- Spinning with intent
Class costs $15 per class. Students must pay by cash or check. Call 703-777-4642 to sign up.